Check here to learn about book club meetings, reading programs, and other events for adults.
Adult Summer Library Program
- Check out 3 books and receive a “Goodie for Grownups” gift bag.
- Write a Book Review and receive an entry into SLP Grand Prize Drawing.
Book Reviews will be displayed during the Summer Library Program for other patrons to view for reading suggestions.
Grand Prize Drawing to be held on August 6th
Join Our Goodreads Groups!
Goodreads is a free website that allows you to rate, recommend, and explore books of all genres, age levels, and authors. You can keep track of books you have read, as well as books you want to read. You can even create a profile to keep track of what your friends are reading as well! To create your own free profile, go to this website and follow the steps for setting up a profile: https://www.goodreads.com/
After you have created a profile, join the Marion Public Library’s Reading Groups! This will allow you to follow what other Marion Public Library patrons are reading and give you the opportunity to recommend books to others.
To join our Reading Groups:
- Go under the “Community” tab at the top of the page and click “Groups”.
- Search for the group in the search bar at the top. We have three groups: For young readers: “Marion Public Library Young Readers” For young adult readers: “Marion Public Library Young Adult Readers” For adult readers: “Marion Public Library Adult Readers”
- Join the group! Rate, review, discuss, and explore books with other Marion patrons.
If you need any assistance or would like more information, please feel free to ask a librarian.