Come in and chill in a space just for teens. Check out all the new books and the amazing graphic novel vault. Can't find the book you're looking for? Let us know.
Something Cool After School Form
Something Cool After School starts September 9th! This after school program is for children 3rd grade and up. Each child needs to have an agreement form signed and their library card to participate. You may pick up this school year's agreement form at the library or feel free to download and print from here. The program runs every Monday right after school until 5:00 p.m. The school bus can drop children off at the library.
Each Monday, there will be fun activities and challenges. Come and see what it's all about!
Students, come to the library and check out an item now through November 30, 2019, and have your fines cleared.
- Must be present at library with card ($3 fee for replacement card)
- This is a one-time fine forgiveness
- Any overdue items must be returned
- This excludes any billed items from damage or loss
- Applies to students only
Friday, October 25, 2019 (All day)
- Costume Contest: Show a librarian your costume and have your picture taken. Winners will be announced 10/31
- Monster Hunt: Find the 12 monsters loose in the library!
- Pumpkin Who: Some popular books/characters are disguised as pumpkins, can you guess them correctly?
- Halloween Bingo!
Thursday, November 7, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Can you keep your cool under pressure? You and your team will have 60 minutes to solve puzzles, find clues, and work together to find a way out of the room before the clock runs out.
Play one of three different exciting escape room adventures with varying levels of difficulty: Secret Agent, The Dentist, and Space Station.
Ages 3rd grade and up are welcome to participate in this fun afternoon.
Sign up is requested, space is limited so please reserve your spot.
Join Our Goodreads Groups!
Goodreads is a free website that allows you to rate, recommend, and explore books of all genres, age levels, and authors. You can keep track of books you have read, as well as books you want to read. You can even create a profile to keep track of what your friends are reading as well! To create your own free profile, go to this website and follow the steps for setting up a profile: https://www.goodreads.com/
After you have created a profile, join the Marion Public Library’s Reading Groups! This will allow you to follow what other Marion Public Library patrons are reading and give you the opportunity to recommend books to others.
To join our Reading Groups:
- Go under the “Community” tab at the top of the page and click “Groups”.
- Search for the group in the search bar at the top. We have three groups: For young readers: “Marion Public Library Young Readers” For young adult readers: “Marion Public Library Young Adult Readers” For adult readers: “Marion Public Library Adult Readers”
- Join the group! Rate, review, discuss, and explore books with other Marion patrons.
If you need any assistance or would like more information, please feel free to ask a librarian.