Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Marion Public Library was organized and incorporated on September 23, 1994. The Friends is a volunteer, non-profit, tax-exempt organization that assists with a variety of library programs and holds fundraising events that supports the library for the purchase of materials, programs and other needs.
How does this dedicated group raise money to do all of these wonderful things?
- Membership Drive
- Annual Deer Hunters Bake Sale
- Memorials and Endowments
Why does the Library need Friends?
The library is one of the main cultural and informational centers of our community. The library is tax supported, but there are many important items that are not included in the library’s budget. Friends help to provide funding for extra services and programs.
How can you be a Friend of the Marion Public Library?
- Give the gift of time by serving on the Friends Board or by attending meetings.
- Give the gift of money by becoming a member and/or donating to one of our annual fundraisers.
- Give the gift of talent by lending us your creative ideas to keep the library one of the best places in Marion!
Friends of the Library Leadership:
- Jill Breitrick, President
- Kathy Kraeger, Vice President
- Jan Mielke, Secretary
- Tiffany Krueger, Treasurer
- Carrie Faehling, Board Member
- Angie Jung, Board Member
- Laurie Yeager, Board Member