How do I obtain a library card?
To obtain a library card, please ask for an application at the front desk. Two forms of Idetification, to include a photo ID, verifying your name and current address must be shown at the time of application. If you are new to the area and do not have current ID, talk to the librarian. Cards are usually able to be issued at the time you apply. People younger than eighteen years of age will need a parent or legal guardian’s signature on the application before a card will be issued. There is no charge to obtain a library card.
What if I lost my library card?
If you lose your library card, a new card will be issued to you. There is a $3.00 charge for this service.
May I use my library card at other libraries?
Your library card may be used at any InfoSoup library.
- Lena Public Library
- Little Chute Library
- (Manawa) Sturm Memorial Library
- (Marinette) Stephenson Public Library
- Marion Public Library
- Mattoon-Hutchins Community Library
- New London Public Library
- Niagara Branch Public Library
- (Oconto) Farnsworth Public Library
- Oconto Falls Community Library
- Oneida Community Library
- Peshtigo Branch Public Library
- Scandinavia Public Library
- (Seymour) Muehl Public Library
- Shawano City-County Library
- Shiocton Public Library
- Sister Bay/Liberty Grove Library
- (Sturgeon Bay) Door County Library
- Suring Area Public Library
- Tigerton Branch Library
- Washington Island Library
- Waupaca Area Public Library
- Wausaukee Branch Public Library
- Weyauwega Public Library
- Wittenberg Branch Library
What kinds of items may I borrow from the library?
There are a wide variety of items for you to borrow from the library, including:
- Large print books
- Music CDs
- Board books
- Video Games
- and more!
May I have a book sent here from another library?
If you find an item you would like to borrow at another OWLSnet library, you may place a hold for it on our online catalog. Please ask for assistance at the front desk.
Are there any limits on how many items I may check out?
No more than 25 videos, DVDs, or CDs may be checked out at one time.
How long may I keep items from the library?
Books and most other items are checked out for a four week period with these exceptions:
- Videos and DVDs are checked out for one week
- Children’s reference books are also checked out for one week
- Magazines and Music CDs are checked out for two weeks
May I renew items I have checked out?
Materials may be renewed if no one else has placed a hold on them. There is a limit of two renewals per item.
Do you charge fines for overdue items?
The library will charge the following fines for overdue materials:
- Books and other items, not including videos: $.10 per day per item.
- Videos: $.50 per day per video.
- Fines of $5.00 or more will prevent you from checking out materials and using the library computers.
Does the library have computers and photocopiers available for the public?
- The library has four computers available for public use.
- Photo copies cost $.25 per page in black and white and $.35 per page in color. Public computers print in black and white only for a cost of $.25 per page.
- Faxing is available at $1.00 per page.
- Laminating is available for $1.00 per page.